In 1987 Jeep YJ, named Wrangler, replaced Jeep CJ. It was produced at a factory in Brampton (Ontario, Canada), until the plant was closed on April 23, 1992. The production was moved to Toledo, Ohio, USA. Jeep Wrangler 1993 received a new design with a longer wheelbase, which somewhat reduced the ground clearance, but added more comfort.
Jeep Wrangler 1993 also used longitudinal springs in a suspension bracket of wheels, as well as on jeeps of CJ series. Despite the new design, the body was very similar to the Jeep CJ7. It also was interchangeable with some minor changes. The car became easily recognizable due to the rectangular headlights and the position of the wiper blades on the windshield.
Jeep Wrangler 1993 is equipped with an AMC 242 4.0 L engine (6 cylinders, 180 hp (134 kW)) with fuel injection. Its safety body was lengthened to fit seat belts with diagonal branches for rear passengers (unlike waist belts installed earlier). As an option, an anti-lock braking system was offered.
In addition to the basic version, several option packages were released:
- Laredo – chrome grille and bumpers, hard roof, tinted windows, artificial leather in interior trim
- Islander – graphics on the lower body and hood, logos on the front wings and spare wheel, enlarged fuel tank, alloy wheels, carpeting, center console with a glass holder
- Sport – coloring in the “sport” style
- Sahara – special seat upholstery, extra storage pockets, interior door panels with pockets, front foglights fitted with fog lights and plastic handpieces
- Renegade – first all “Renegades” were painted in white, black or red, then blue and bronze were added. The package was priced at $ 4266 and included special 8-inch wide tires, 29×9.5R15 LT OWL Wrangler A / T tires, a full-size spare tire, fog lights (integrated into the front fenders), carpet in the interior, plastic front and rear bumpers, center console with coasters and other additions. While the base Wrangler was selling for $ 12,356, with the Renegade package the price reached $ 18,588. Because of this sales were limited, and today these cars are considered a rarity.
- Rio Grande – new colors of color (golden, mango, green moss)
In this review we want to tell you about the Jeep Wrangler 1993. See photos and video of Jeep Wrangler 1993, leave your comments about this car.
Pictures of Jeep Wrangler 1993