Mitsubishi Pajero 2005 marked a revolutionary change, the main of which was the abandonment of the classic frame construction. In addition, the car received a completely independent suspension. And in the steering engeneers used a rack mechanism, which provides an updated jeep with the reaction of a car. The carrier body with an integrated frame allowed to increase the clearance by 30 mm and to lower the center of gravity by 50 mm. All the changes significantly contributed to an increase in driving comfort. At the same time the passability of Pajero remained on top.
In the “Intense” configuration Mitsubishi Pajero is equipped with:
• a double fully automatic air conditioner with a filter that cleans air from dust and allergens,
• an additional rear heater,
• front heated seats,
• two-color or color multifunction central display,
• electric windows,
• a radio tape recorder or a 6-disk Mitsubishi CD changer with 6 speakers.
In the cabin are fabric or leather seats and leather-covered steering wheel.
In the Exclusive-III equipment the car has:
• xenon headlights,
• alloy wheels of increased size 255 / 55R18,
• black leather seats and Alcantara with electric heating of the driver’s and front passenger’s seat,
• cruise control,
• Stability Program (MASC),
• electronic locking of inter-wheel differentials.
The cars use two engines: 202 hp 3.5-liter petrol V6 with direct injection of GDI or a 165-hp 4-cylinder diesel of 3.2 liters capacity. The latter has a system of DI-D (direct injection) and two balancing shafts (the proprietary system Silent Shaft, “Quiet shaft”). Thanks to the turbocharger with intercooler it has an impressive torque of 373 Nm at 2000 rpm. This is much more than a gasoline engine, and it is obviouse that many buyers pay attention to the diesel option.
Mitsubishi Pajero 2005 is equipped with:
• multi-mode transmission Super-Select 4WD-II with electronic control of the transfer box,
• Super-Select 4WD or Easy Select 4WD with asymmetrical center-to-center differential and visco-coupling,
• rear limited-slip differential
• forced lock system.
The rack-and-pinion variable-pitch steering and progressive-hydraulic booster provide Mitsubishi Pajero with a small turning radius (5.3 m) and high maneuverability.
Mitsubishi Pajero 2005 demonstrates the advanced for its time approach to security. The car is equipped with:
• proprietary 4-channel multi-mode ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD),
• safety-electric electric windows and sunroof,
• front and side airbags and belt pretensioners for the driver and passenger,
• the body has zones of programmed deformation and protective bars in the doors.
In expensive versions, additional security is provided by a unique Mitsubishi system – Mitsubishi Engine Brake Assist Control, which works with the included downshift. You can safely stop the car on the rise and leave it, without worrying that it will slide down. The descent from the hill is also electronically controlled.
In this review we want to tell you about the Mitsubishi Pajero 2005. See photos and video of Mitsubishi Pajero 2005, leave your comments about this car.
Pictures of Mitsubishi Pajero 2005
History and interesting facts about the Mitsubishi
The origin of the Mitsubishi goes way back to 1870 when founder Yataro Iwasaki begun a shipping company with three old steamships. The company was later expanded by his brother, son and nephew during their respective terms as president. They were the ones responsible for setting the foundation for Mitsubishi firms. Later after WWI the Mitsubishi organization became Mitsubishi companies up to this day.
In 1917, Mitsubishi A-Model took its place in Japanese history as the first of mass production in passenger Mitsubishi cars. However it was not until the early 1970s that the motor giant begun building a reputation in the United States after launching the Colt under the nameplate Dodge. In 1972 Mitsubishi entered the Colt F2000 racecar and won a highly competitive open wheel grand prix.
Today Mitsubishi takes pride in being one of the biggest motor companies in the world. Among the technological milestones they've set themselves apart include: All-Wheel Control (AWC), Super Wheel Control(S-AWC), MIVEC Engine Control (MIVEC) and many more.